Let’s Get Personal
- July 12, 2015
- The Glambassador
This past year, especially the last 6 months has been a mixed bag of emotions for me.
As I am about to embark on a new chapter in my life, I would like to share some of the things that I’ve been contending with lately in hopes that, those of you who follow me on social media or just through this blog, will share in my journey with me and understand who I am a little more.
For the past 6 years I’ve been the co-owner/operator/esthetician/holistic health coach of a very successful Holistic Wellness Spa here in Baltimore. With my business partner, we built our spa from a one room studio, to a 2,500 sq. ft., 5 treatment room spa. We were voted Best Holistic Spa, Best Massage and Best Spa 4 out of the 6 years (there is still a chance we could win for 2015).
It has been both amazingly fulfilling and gut-wrenchingly stressful. Once it was no longer a joyous experience for us to come to work, we both knew it was time to move on.
So we made the decision to close our very successful spa. Once again this decision has been a combination of elation and sadness. But ultimately I know that we’ve made the best decision for our futures.
In early March, shortly before my birthday, I had spinal surgery to correct a very painful disc herniation. I have been dealing with this chronic pain for many years. My recovery went extremely well and I am now pain free and working on gaining my strength back.
Also in March, my husband and I found out that the job that we’d been hoping for, for so long had finally come available. This job happens to be in Germany and it is the catalyst for making our dream of living in Europe come true. While the process of closing my business and an international move has been extraordinary stressful, the outcome of these events are sure to be amazing!
For the first time since I started working (at age 14), I will not have a job when we move to Germany. Keeping with the contradiction theme I’m simultaneously terrified and excited about this. There are so many things that I’ve always wanted to do, that I just didn’t have the time (or frankly the energy) for. And of course I will be able to focus more of my time to my blog. So I’m going to try my hand at being a glamorous housewife 🙂
I’d love to share some of the things that I’m interested in learning or doing and hope that some of you out there are also interested and maybe we can share our successes together.
- Get better at sewing. I’ve made a few things, but I really need to practice more
- Learn how to knit something other than a scarf
- I can start cooking again. Not to toot my own horn, but I’m a pretty great cook. And being a nutritionist, I love creating healthy and tasty dishes.
- I want to learn more about European History
- Learn how to take better photos. Not only of myself, but the amazing things and places that I’ll be experiencing
- Read more books
- I can’t wait to shop at all the farmers markets and little shops for fresh food every day
- Learn and practice different languages. I can read and write Spanish fairly well and I’m decent at French, but now I will have the chance to actually use them. And of course I will be learning German for the first time.
- I’m excited about getting outside more and enjoying nature….not to mention the CASTLES!!!
- And of course I am able to travel much more. All of the places I’ve always wanted to visit will be so much closer and easier to get to
I truly appreciate that you have followed me this far and hope that you will continue to join me on this journey of life. I hope that I can continue to entertain, educate and enlighten all of you and welcome any questions or comments you might have along the way.